Do you think your website is outdated?
How long does a website last? There is no magic number of years before you need to completely overhaul your business website. There aren’t any rules on when you should update your site, but there are some factors that you might want to consider when the subject comes up at your next meeting:
- Has your brand or color scheme changed?
- Have your objectives changed? Have you added new goals to your business plan?
- Is your website analytics showing that your current site isn’t achieving your goals?
- Have you added new products or services to your company?
Any one of these are a reason to invest in a company website update.
What is your website telling potential clients about your business?
Is your slow and outdated website reflecting poorly on your business? Potential clients might think you don’t have the resources to fulfill their needs if they can’t get your site to load in a reasonable time.
How often you should you update your website?
Is your website the first and only chance you have to make a good and accurate impression on potential clients? Are you keeping them on your site long enough to reach your goals? Your investment is no longer working if you can’t keep them on the site long enough to engage them in some way.
Reasons you absolutely need to update your website
- Your site is not responsive across all devices.
- If your site can not be used on a mobile device at all, it needs to be updated right away. Google will penalize non-mobile friendly sites.
- Your site still uses flash elements.
- You have anything like this anywhere on your site:
Technology grows quickly
You must stay on top of your website and social media presence if you don’t want to have to do a complete overhaul every few years. A plan to keep on top of the technology that is relevant to your needs, and evaluating your goals on a regular basis, will be the most cost effective. Your website should always be growing, just like your business.
Want to talk about it?
You can call us at 833-326-7357 or fill out the following form and we’ll give you a call. Your website can be reviewed to see if it does need an update right now.